Sponsors keep our server running! » Unlimited Anime Downloads
NarutoPod.com » NarutoPod.com Home . Naruto Anime Downloads . Naruto Manga Reader . Naruto Wallpapers
BleachAnime.org » BleachAnime.org Home . Bleach Forum . Bleach Anime Downloads . Bleach Manga Reader . Bleach Wallpapers
NarutoPod.com Forums

How come they always run with their hands behind their back?

Go Back   NarutoPod.com Forums > Naruto Forums > Naruto Characters
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:22 PM
{Mist} Academy Ninja

Favorite Character: Most of them
Send a message via MSN to lifelife912 Send a message via Skype™ to lifelife912
Default How come they always run with their hands behind their back?

This thread popped up in my head when I was re-watching the episode 88 when Naruto uses RasenShuriken on Kakuzu, before that we see Sakura and Sai running with their hands behind their back....Every ninja does that...
So why does every ninja that we see running, runs with their hands behind their back?

I even tried it ^^ and it's uncomfortable....
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
FULL OF WORK shinobi

Favorite Character: Kakashi
Default Re: How come they always run with their hands behind their back?

I think its due to trasmit a higher sense of aerodyamic and speed, and it may possibly also be to create an element of surprise, letting their punches and use of weapons be harder to calculate.
If you think about it, since they are constantly moving very fast and jumping, if they had their arms in the front it would be kinda more akward then having them running with the arms to the back. Also when running with the arms in the back and then throwing a punch the inercia of the punch would be higher due to the balance it would take coming all way from the back and hitting the enemy.
Something like that makes it understandable and making some sense...also the fact that it looks cool helps alot.

SK
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Nidaime Kazekage | Rajohime

Favorite Character: Gaara, Shikamaru, Itachi, Kimimaro, Neji, Kakashi

I've personally always wondered this my self. I had my little sister try it out, since I don't believe in running unless I'm being chased, and she said it was super uncomfortable. But all the ninja run like this.

Then I came up with a good reason. If you are carrying weapons, if you run with your arms behind you, you can't fall on them and put your eye out.

this is the only good reason I can think of for running like that

just saying

Last edited by Kazekage469; 03-22-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: I forgot what smiley to use XD
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM
L'ultimo romantico of NP

Favorite Character: Itachi, Kakashi, Minato

That is the question...

It looks like they take a pose if they would like to take off...

Actually, I don't see any sence in that position of hands... Since I practise wu-shu for about 15 years.. I would say that it's neither easy not good to move that way. It's not safe also... One may stumble over something.. And it might be even dangerous because it's rather easy to fall and brake something.. it's too diffucult lean on hands when they are behind a back.. We need our hands to keep our balance...

So, I think that was done just to attract our attention by that unusual hand position...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Chuunin (Rank C)

Favorite Character: Tsunade, Yondaime, Naruto, Kakashi
Send a message via Yahoo to yukimura

. . that helps their speed in running. . .all their energy are put on their hands that's why their hands are at their back. . .
yay
that's my reasonig. . .I dunno if that's right or wrong. . .heheh
Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 AM
FULL OF WORK shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXis View Post
That is the question...

It looks like they take a pose if they would like to take off...

Actually, I don't see any sence in that position of hands... Since I practise wu-shu for about 15 years.. I would say that it's neither easy not good to move that way. It's not safe also... One may stumble over something.. And it might be even dangerous because it's rather easy to fall and brake something.. it's too diffucult lean on hands when they are behind a back.. We need our hands to keep our balance...

So, I think that was done just to attract our attention by that unusual hand position...
Well i dont know Alex...i'm pretty sure that there are in the world some martial arts that have their postures proven being very unconfortable to normal people (the animal stances of the shaolin kung fu and alot other stuff), but even so they have those because they're a direct consequence of the techniques they use, so i'm pretty sure that even in the real world there could be somewhere around in the world a martial art that has their fighters have positions where they have their hands/arms behind their back. Capoeira for instances has the fighters constantly swinging their arms from back to front and so on, and they make crazy jumps, so it also goes to the other poitn you made about being safe. In this case we're talking about ninjas...they are very agile and take advantage of pretty much all their body dynamic and energy to move around and get on the enemy openings, so i think they wouldnt be worrying about balance or falling on their faces.
I'm just trying to show that it isnt so out of this world to possibly use the same running method they use, but i'm also not saying it isnt weird and unconfortable.

SK
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Genin (Rank B)

Favorite Character: Jiraiya, Rock Lee, Hinata, Haku, Kimimaro

I think it is just easier for the animators to draw. No arm movement means less work
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Dark Light Prince

Favorite Character: kakashi,itachi...

just like SK said..that the ninja ways of running..aerodynamic is important and can make them move fast...

I ALWAYS FOLLOW YOU CUZ YOU WEAKER THAN ME....
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
FULL OF WORK shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabimaruking View Post
just like SK said..that the ninja ways of running..aerodynamic is important and can make them move fast...
LOL dont get me wrong...i cant say how ninjas run at all since i never saw a real one run. I just said that it would be possible that for trained people on those techniques and stances it would make them more efficient and better at their art running that way.

SK
Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanosuke Kakashi View Post
LOL dont get me wrong...i cant say how ninjas run at all since i never saw a real one run. I just said that it would be possible that for trained people on those techniques and stances it would make them more efficient and better at their art running that way.

SK
i think everyone is looking waaayyyy to into this. the truth is it looks more graceful. to run faster in real life you must pump your arms back and forth as it some how helps you legs. but when you do this it looks very brutish the running low down and arms back just gives the reader something different and looks better while running and when the take out their weapons